Friday, July 21, 2006

Smooth Operator

So, Fancy and I are taking a dance class. Introduction to the Foxtrot, Waltz, Rumba, and Chacha. We almost quit before the second class since neither of us are keen on the structured appointments thing. But we decided to keep going.

I even went to the thrid class on Wednesday by myself as Fancy "broke her toes". I danced with many ladies and was told (again) that I was doing excellent. Of course, we've only pretty much done the "smooth" dances; Foxtrot and Waltz. I'm attributing my abilities to all the weddings and polkas I've been subjected to over the years.

Since Fancy knows these basic steps, this class is pretty much to fill me in on proper footing and to figure out how we can actually dance together. It'll be nice to be able to dance to something other than Great Big Sea and Spirit of the West (where I usually just end up throwing around my partner).

However, I think my swinging hips are giving Fancy concern, since she has commented on it twice now. And then there was my spontaneous breakout into You Are My Sunshine yesterday which I thought gave her pause, but I swear she was muttering "he's got game" to herself over and over, so maybe it turned her on.

Anyway, one more class to refine my skillz. Then I will be the King of Weddings.

Bow and pay homage.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fancy C. Poitras said...

I was not saying "He's got Game." I was repeating "HE'S NOT GAY, HE'S NOT GAY!"

7:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home