Saturday, August 25, 2007

Chudyk Guide to Travelling

Before you head out make sure you review the following checklist:

- audit notification from CRA - CHECK
- flaming ball of hot air baloon dropping from the sky - CHECK
- computer making "I'm Dying!" noises - CHECK

..........

So yeah, I'm wondering what else is in store for me now.

Thursday, after meeting jette for a "see you later" drink, we come back home and Fancy hands me the only envelope in the mailbox, which just happens to contain a nice little letter form CRA. Apparently they dont' believe that I paid the student loan interest that I claimed I did. Well, I have the documents they want, but not the time to get it to them before I leave. And of course the phone would be busy the 10 times I called on Friday. I guess I have 2 days after I get back to contact them before their imposed deadline. : s

Then, last night, jette calls us to ask which RV park Fancy's parents are staying at. It appears that a hot air baloon ride turned hellish as the whole thing burst into flams and fell from the sky, landing in an RV park in south Surrey. Luckily it wasn't the RV park where Fancy's parents are staying. And from the morning news today, it seems only 2 of the over 10 riders were killed. Bad, but could have been much worse.

To top things off, when I walked into the living room this morning, mere hours before I have to leave for the airport, my computer is making some nasty "I just can't keep going any longer" noises. I'm really hoping it's just a fan dying and not a hard drive. Sigh.

So I'm really hoping that this whole e-ticket/e-visa thing works out and I actually get to go on the plane, and it doesn't burst into flames, and that things run a bit more smoothly from here on in. Cause I've got enough to take care of when I get back without having to worry about things while I'm away.

Anyway, wish me luck. And see you on the other side of the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fancy C. Poitras said...

The kitties miss you.

10:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home