Sunday, October 14, 2007

Captain Obvious, or just Oblivious?

So, some of you may know already that Fancy has dubbed me Captain Obvious. She often refers to this moniker after some statement by me that, apparently, states the obvious. Upon further reflection of such occurences, I have come to the conclusion that my statements of the obvious are, in fact, only a symptom, and that the true, hidden issue is that I am actually oblivious. The statements of the obvious are only a sysptom of not being able to see anything else but the obvious, due to being oblivious.

My state of obliviousness, while hidden from any casual scrutiny, does have it's proof. The evidence: having to be explained to that going to a movie whith a girl consititutes a date, even though you thought you were just going to a movie; not realizing you're actually flirting, or being flirted with, until being told by your girlfriend/friends.

So, from now on, if you happen to catch Fancy referring to me as Captain Obvious, you can feel free to remind her that it's actually much worse, and she's actually marrying Captain Oblivious.

(I just realized that I can use this as an excuse now for all future mess-ups.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Fancy C. Poitras said...

And I just realized that I outrank you, and get to order you about for the rest of our lives

8:28 a.m.  
Blogger jette said...

I'm going with Colonel Chatter so I outrank you both!

11:17 p.m.  
Blogger Fancy C. Poitras said...

Oh I don't know about outranking me...after all, Rod's secret identity, which I'm about to reveal like Scooter Libby and Robert Novak: Rod's actually a spy, using the Captain Obvious as a cover for his real identity, General PainintheAss.

10:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home