Sunday, December 03, 2006

Strange But True

So, the recent snowstorm here has introduced me to two new things that I’ve never before seen or considered.

The first thing I noticed during the snowfall that I have never seen before is people using their umbrellas during the snowstorm to hide from the snow. Now, back in Alberta, this would be done through the use of toques, scarves and mittens. I guess the umbrella or “brolli” really is an institution here.

Second is the 4 foot perimeter of “rain” that’s been surrounding our apartment building over the last few days. It’s warmed up to the plus degrees and the slowly melting snow from the balconies has created the sense of rain immediately surrounding the building.

These are the strange but true stories from the other side of the mountains.

Can’t wait to see the strangeness when I get to the other side of the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home