Monday, October 16, 2006

A Weekend, of Sorts

So my weekend consisted of getting paid and immediately spending money. (This is what happens when you go broke every two weeks.) Some went to the cats (food), and the rest went to us (food). Friday was a trip to the OG for some good pasta and fried mozza. Saturday was KFC. Sunday we had lunch at he Cactus Club Café with jette, who was stuck in our area due to traffic and got hungry. The rest of the weekend consisted of giving jette bad directions for getting back to the highway, finally putting the DVD drive I got for my birthday in my comp, laundry, washing floors, vacuuming and watching a lot of movies on the tele. And WoW. Can’t believe I almost forgot WoW.

A somewhat uneventful time, very unlike the rest of my family.

Apparently a long-time friend of the family went for triple bypass surgery recently and is now recovering at home. My grandmother had to go in to have gall stones taken care of. On a side note, she’s apparently had her gal bladder out in her twenties. I did not know this. Oh, and there was a 7 hour stand-off at my sisters apartment complex. She wasn’t allowed past the police blockade when she got home from school, so she went to see a movie. Even when she got back from that she had to convince a cop to “sneak her in” since she lived mere feet away from the police line. She said there was a sniper positioned directly across from her place. Cool and scary at the same time. Though, I think Joe still has her beat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home